The Champions Mailing List
Questions that folks have asked (in no particular order). Last updated: 20-September-1999.
- Member ____________ (fill in the blank) is an obnoxious jerk.
Can we get him banned from the list?
Well, yes - but I'd really rather not. The proliferation of free email
providers make it impossible to enforce.
- Can something be down to stop spam (unsolicited email advertisements)
from being posted to the list?
Not really. It's possible to restrict the list to only allow posts from
subscribed members, but this causes other problem (see: Is it
possible to block "non-members" from posting to the list?)
- Where do the members of the list live?
Here, there, and everywhere. It's a global community. Here's a partial list.
- How much traffic does the list generate?
List volume averages about fifty messages per day (with preiodic peaks
close to two hundred per day).
- Can the list support "digest"?
Yep, just send your subscription request to
firstname.lastname@example.org instead of the normal email@example.com
address and you'll start receiving the list in digest form.
- Will the posts to the list be archived in an accessible format?
It's sort of being archived now...
- Why did I get dropped from the list?
The most likely reason is that I have received bounced back messages from
your address for several days in a row, forcing me to assume that address
is no longer valid. I do, however, make a couple of attempts to contact the
person involved just incase the problem with the address is a temporary technical
problem. If, after these attempts, I receive no indication that anyone is
home at the address in question, I do remove them from the list.
- Is it possible to block "non-members" from posting to
Yes, but the system gets extremely picky about who is and isn't a subscriber
and will block some incoming mail from subscribed folks - particularly those
folks who use different servers to send and recieve mail (you may not even
realize that your ISP does this).
- Are any of the Hero Game creators/writers/artists/etc. members of
the list? At any given time, several of the folks from Hero
Games and Gold Rush Games are members of the list, but it tends to vary as
to exactly who.
- Does this list also support Fuzion games?
Not really. There is some discussion of the Fuzion System, but it's not a
primary focus of the list. There is a separate list maintained by
Jason A. Dourthat is dedicated to Fuzion. (See
my list of related Mailing Lists).