The Last Days of The Justice League of Alabama
The JLA was formed in Birmingham in the year 2000. The original paranormals jail
Stronghold in the southwest had been destroyed earlier, so the government was rebuilding
another in secret in a B-ham suburb called Trussville. To serve the southeast, and to
watch over Stronghold-2, funding was put up and govt. money came in to organize a
super-group for Alabama & the surrounding states. The JLA had 9 core members, and
about 18+ auxiliary members, followers, and employees. The highly successful JLA really
cleaned up paranormal crime in the Southeastern USA, and only ever suffered two defeats of
any kind. (Once to Ling-Wizard & the Zoo-Crew, once to MODOK & HYDRA) But more
important were their cleaning up of PSI, GENOCIDE, several mystic enemies, and numerous
Cheat sheet on the JLA
- Hi-Voltage: Originally thought to be a mutant with electrical powers,
it was discovered that HV is the living embodiment of electricity, and the origin of his
powers was unknown. Weirder still, his little sister is the living embodiment of elemental
- Wang-Chiun: Korean martial artist and swordsman. He carries the
Shebanigan, which is many things in one scabbard. When the Shebanigan is unsheathed, a
weapon like a mace or katana might come out, or a tool like a drill or rake, or sometime a
sentient puppet might come out. Usually the bearer of the Shebanigan has no control over
what items come out of it. Most are beneficial, and most are useful, but not always what
you need at the time. Wang is very old and has been living nomadically for dozens of
- Skin-Rider: An old, old man with psychic powers: Astral Projection,
Domination, Telepathy, Hypnotic Suggestion, etc. Disappeared, believed KIA versus
- Dark Avenger: A showoff like Night-hawk of the Defenders, flies around
and punches people. KIA vs. HYDRA.
- Magic Michael: The best good wizard in the world, except for maybe
Michaels dad. Has a follower: Gargoyle, looks like a red-stone person with demon
- Draxene: A Tholian trapped on the Champions world, from a Trek-like
dimension. An alien with nothing better to do than fight crime. Armor, AP-Telekinesis,
Telepathy, and lotsa endurance. KIA vs. HYDRA.
- Mind-Wave: Atlantean teleporting psychic. Kind-of like Namor,
Night-Crawler and Professor X all at the same time. JLAs Team Leader.
- Dr.Chaos: Very dense man, radioactive blood. Energy projector than can
produce the Chaos-Blast. This is a semi-magic, semi-psychic blast that does random things.
- Scarlett: Mistress of Absorption, similar powers to Rogue of the X-men.
KIA versus Karza.
- Sea-Strike: Atlantean Brick
- She-Rahna: Atlantean Heroine, speedy & tough.
- Zatanna: Sorceress, Refugee from DC universe.
- Red-Star: Soviet Brick, Refugee from DC universe.
- Gamma-Gargoyle: Mutant Amphibianoid, Refugee from a Gamma World-ish
- Captain Justice: Heroic Korean-War-Era super-patriotic crime-fighter,
- Enforcer: Local Alabama hero, Armored Wonder & Presence monster.
- Garv: Super-Strong brick, Refugee from DC universe.
- Technician: Gadgeteer & Armored genius, Refugee from DC universe.
- Snake-Fist: Brick, with minor reptilian powers, older hero from
- Hurricane Tana: Hi-Voltages little sister, kinda-like Drew
Barrymore in "Firestarter" but with air instead of flame powers.
- Clea: Sorceress, trapped in this dimension in an amulet, Refugee from
So when the game group running the JLA campaign tapered off, several mysteries and
outstanding issues were left unsolved. What follows is an attempt by the GM to determine
what happened in each case and let the players sleep nights, no longer worrying
about heroic deeds left undone by their characters.